(nicely coloured meal for 2 fish lovers)
- 500 grams cod fish fillet
- 150 grams green pea pods
- 1 zucchini
- 1 eggplant
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 1 medium sized red onion
- 2 green celery sticks
- 10-15 black olives
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. dried or fresh oregano
- 200 ml white wine
Prepare your ingredients:
– cut the celery and the onion in small pieces
– cut the eggplant and the zucchini into squares (as big as you would like to see them in your food)
– cut the tomatoes in small pieces and keep all the juices that comes out of them
– clean the pea pods (cut the small dry ends if there are any)
Heat up 2 spoons of olive oil in a large pan and fry the onion and the celery for about 3 minutes.
Remove them from the pan and then heat up some more olive oil and bake the eggplant and the zucchini until they get a nice golden colour.
Now prepare your oven tray for the ratatouille. Put a bit of oil (2-3 spoons) into the pan, so that the vegetables won’t stick to it. Add all the vegetables you have prepared until now, including the tomatoes and the olives.
Then add the spices: bay leaf, oregano, salt and pepper.
Place pieces of the fish fillets over the vegetables and distribute them equally. Then pour the wine and put the tray into the oven, at 200 degrees Celsius. Bake for about 30 minutes, until you can see the fish is nicely done.
Remembering this year’s 14th of July, I just have one thing to add: Vive la Ratatouille!